Saturday 30 January 2016

04. The Goode Huswif Book of Spells



Book of Spells by The Goode Huswif.
I started this piece for the DUCJC on the 10th January, 2015 and then put it to one side until the end of April.

I took another break just before Christmas then picked it up again in January.



The fabric is a 40 count linen called Jewel Butterbeer by Under the Sea Fabrics.
I used the DMC conversion with a few personal changes.
The moon is 4145 (greys) and 4130 (oranges).
It took a long time but is one of my favourite parts now.


This photo includes a ruler so you can see the final size of the piece.
A little over 9 inches or 23cm.
The plan I have is to get it colour photocopied and use that as a cover for a notebook and frame the original.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dancing along with me!