Thursday, 30 April 2015

14. Stitchers Anon Marley was Dead...

Stitched over 1 on 28 count Platinum Cashel linen.

This one is by Stitchers Anon and is based on Charles Dicken's book A Christmas Carol.  She also does the three Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future.

Wednesday, 22 April 2015

Monday, 20 April 2015

Friday, 17 April 2015

11. Sweetheart Tree Tudor Rose

Stitched on 32 count Light Mocha linen.
I substituted plain DMCfor the border and used DMC throughout.
The beads and charm were supplied with the chart.

I had stitched the centre last (as instructed) and noticed that it was quite raised where the eyelets had pulled the fabric so decided to make a stuffed ornie.

With the intended backing fabric:

All finished:

And hanging in place:

The chart was a gift from Vickie and will now be travelling on to Gillie as a prize for leaving my 7000th comment a while back.

Monday, 13 April 2015

10. Joan Elliott February Cherub

This is the February design in the Joan Elliott Diary which was the cover gift with World of Cross Stitching magazine in 2013.

I stitched this design on 28 count evenweave which I dyed with fruit tea.  It smells lovely when you stitch on it!

I used the recommended DMC except for some of the reds which weren't quite right.  I also changed the backstitch on the wings to grey.  There was a heart border but I left that off.

Mounted for my scrapbook:

Wednesday, 8 April 2015

09. Lizzie*Kate Autumn Sampler Snippet

I stitched this over one on 28 count blue evenweave using most of the recommended DMC conversion. 
The original design had a leaf button but I used a pumpkin instead.
I also had a cunning plan to avoid stitching all that green hill. 
I coloured it in using a fabric pen! 
I did the same on the Spring design and it looks great, as well as saving a lot of time.

I've scrapbooked the finish, just mounting it on two squares of coloured card along with a Knotted Tree design from the 2012 JCS Hallowe'en Ornie mag. 
There is a companion to that which I will mount with these two once I have stitched it.

I also added some metallic leaf stickers: