Wednesday 8 April 2015

09. Lizzie*Kate Autumn Sampler Snippet

 
I stitched this over one on 28 count blue evenweave using most of the recommended DMC conversion. 
The original design had a leaf button but I used a pumpkin instead.
I also had a cunning plan to avoid stitching all that green hill. 
I coloured it in using a fabric pen! 
I did the same on the Spring design and it looks great, as well as saving a lot of time.


I've scrapbooked the finish, just mounting it on two squares of coloured card along with a Knotted Tree design from the 2012 JCS Hallowe'en Ornie mag. 
There is a companion to that which I will mount with these two once I have stitched it.

 
I also added some metallic leaf stickers:

 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! The fabric pen did work great and it gives some dimension, too! You clever girl, you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dancing along with me!