Sunday 19 June 2011

35 - Bagpuss Sampler



Here's the second project I've been working on - edited for internet security!!  I always stitch a small sampler at the end of term for the large boy's teacher/s.  I try to make it tie with their special interests and this year the teacher made it really easy - she's a big Bagpuss fan!  For my international followers who may be unaware of the saggy old cloth cat here's a useful link -http://www.smallfilms.co.uk/bagpuss/


The Bagpuss chart came from an old edition of Cross Stitcher magazine (Aug 2002) and the nice little border was from a more recent issue.  Alot of people have been criticising the magazine just lately for being more about sewing and craft rather than straight cross stitch.  Personally I would rather see more needlework if they want to diversify rather than sewing and felt craft.  I have found there are less projects I want to stitch and the free gifts are not really me but it is useful as a "design library".  This is not a very good scanned picture so doesn't do the patches justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dancing along with me!