Sunday 28 August 2022

11. Nora Corbett Virgo



 This is my purple conversion of Nora Corbett's Virgo.



I started with the fabric from Sparklies with the perfect name - Virgo.
I chose a 32 count Murano which is my favourite for Nora's designs.


I started with the dress which is charted for 414 and 415, shades of grey rather than the blue it looks on the cover photo.  I changed those to the lavenders in the new colours - 25 to 30

Her skin is as charted.

Her hair was the biggest change, I went for the 550 family of purples.



The Caron colours have been changed to two Stef Francis threads, one silk and one cotton.
I used the silk for the butterflies and backstitched in silver metallic.



I also used the silver metallic for the antenna, which I backstitched,
then whipstitched to hide the places where it entered the fabric.



The wings are now a purple blending filament with a touch of green satin in the "eyes".
I used a DMC Satin thread for the satin stitch!  Then surrounded them with purple beads.



The larger beads have stayed as charted but all the others have changed.  For the necklaces I stitched over the gaps left in the design for beads and simply strung them on thread and tacked down at intervals so they hung more naturally.



The lowest strand of beads was charted with squares of stitching with a bead in the middle.
I used sequins held in place with a bead.


Once I had finished her and taken loads of photos I decided that I needed the pearl earring to be more dangly!


Here's how she compares with the original:



Professionally framed:








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dancing along with me!