Tuesday 28 June 2022

09. Amanda Butler Alice in Wonderland

 

Alice in Wonderland by Amanda Butler

13 part SAL in Cross Stitcher magazine

Stitched on 32 count Yellow Belfast


Things I love about this design:

It's Alice in Wonderland
It is based on the original Tenniel drawings
The charting is very good
The fun details in the border
Her use of colour


Things I don't like:

She uses one random Tim Burton design instead of all Tenniel
She used one block from Through The Looking Glass but no others
She didn't use The Caterpiller but did include the minor characters of the two footmen.


I also didn't like the final block of the King and Queen of Hearts.

I charted my own version of The Queen of Hearts to replace the Footmen.  
Then I charted the final scene of Alice in the Courtroom.



Beaded details in the crowns and clothing









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dancing along with me!