Thursday 11 November 2021

31. CCN Main St Bakery - Millinery



Country Cottage Needleworks - Main Street Bakery

Converted to Millinery for my Hallowe'en Town
Stitched on 32 count Murano in Charcoal Slate from Sparklies


I kept the blue and purple colourway but used a grey-blue instead of a pastel turquoise. 

 I used a dark blue for the trim and frames instead of white and added the red accents. 
 I wanted the broad band across the middle to look like a hatband. 





I also changed the hearts at the top to look like hats although my son said they look more like bells!

The hats have red and purple bands in a nod to the poem "Warning" by Jenny Joseph which starts:

"When I am an old woman I shall wear purple

With a red hat which doesn’t go, and doesn’t suit me."


Here is the whole piece so far:


 Here is the original shop:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dancing along with me!