Monday 13 September 2021

27. CCN Main Street Cafe - Cauldrons


 
Country Cottage Needleworks - Main Street Cafe

Converted to Cauldrons Store for my Hallowe'en Town
Stitched on 32 count Murano in Charcoal Slate from Sparklies


I took the original colours and just darkened them a bit.   The peachy-orange walls became peachy-brown.  The green awnings and door became lime-green and the trims a dark brown.  The upstairs curtains stayed the same purple.

Then I added the brass cauldron sign, some cauldrons in the window and a large cauldron bubbling away for demonstration purposes so passing witches could gather around it rather than be seated at a nice little patio table.  
All of these extras were designed by me using pencil and graph paper.

Here is the full piece so far:





Here is a photo of the original shop:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dancing along with me!