Thursday 31 October 2019

28. Nora Corbett Raven


Nora Corbett - Raven, one of the Bewitching Pixie series
Stitched on 32 count Belfast in Nebula by Crafty Kitten

The fabric is darker in person and the light patches and blue patches don't stand out so much.

I stitched her skin over 1.

I changed two of the bead colours. I knew there was an issue with the charted 02056 Sable which are now very red so I used 00081 Jet instead. As you can see there is a nice shine to them as opposed to the 02014 which are more of a matt black.


The other bead I changed is 10019 the Claret Magnifica which are used in the strings of beads around her shoulders. I used 03004 Eggplant because their DMC colour is 550 which is used in her dress.

I also substituted 155 for 156 in her dress, one is more blue than the other which did not look right. I also used 3 yellows for the moon - 743, 744 and 745 instead of 743, 3078 and a blend of the two.





Finally framed November 2022




There's just a hint of red in the frame which looks amazing with the fabric.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dancing along with me!