Stitched on 40 count white linen
I made a few changes apart from using the DMC conversion. I used a mixture of one strand and two to create texture. For the dark red I used an anonymous variegated from my stash for the over two parts and DMC 315 for the over one parts.
I added the beads in the border, the flower centres and the heads of all the little pins. Those pin heads are on of my favourite things. I added charms and buttons according to what I had which would fit. This is 40 count so I needed tiny things.
This part was charted for a brass heart charm, a key, a flower charm and a button:
This part was charted for a crown but I really wanted these scissors to be near the S:
This part was charted for the scissors but I had the yarn charm so I wanted that to be near the Y. It was a little bit big so I frogged the row of stitched under the herringbone and put it there. Then added a button where the original charm had been:
This is another favourite part. My original idea was to add the needle I had been using but as I mentioned above, I use 28 petites and it looked too tiny. So I added a 24 needle I used on a different project. The chart showed a stitched needle not a real one.
Cute buttons from the local haberdashery, chosen by my friend's daughter with the instructions "they must be under 8mm"
All the spools were satin stitched:
Adorable tiny over one stitches on 40 count and a sweet little tassel: