Wednesday 20 July 2022

10. Living on the Rainbow 3D Bookshop

 As a show of solidarity with the Ukrainian people I purchased some PDF charts from various Etsy shops earlier this year.  THis particular design went straight to the top of the stitching list -  


Living on the Rainbow 3D Bookshop


The instructions are incredibly clear and seem easy to follow but there is quite a lot of sewing together bits of felt for the roof so I decided to change it up a little and make a rectangular shop instead.

Here are the pieces all stitched and ready to cut out:


The bookshop where I work is number 98 


The garlands are beads rather than French Knots


I added the brick details down each side to make the corners more decorative

stitched on 28 count Tan evenweave

What's your favourite detail?

I also made a base piece out of the same fabric, just backstitched a rectangle the right size.  I used thick card and double-sided tape to mount each piece, then whip-stitched the fours sides together.  Then I whip stitched the base to the building:


I am really pleased with my roof fabric.  My friend gave me some sparkly white leatherette she uses for making hairbows.  I mounted it on card cut to fit the roof area and then whip stitched it to the building using white sewing thread.  Usually I use DMC cotton in a matching shade to the fabric or stitching but sewing thread is sturdier, especially if you are pulling something taut.

Here is the finished piece:





I used clean old socks to stuff it.  Children's socks are perfect for these projects.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dancing along with me!