Thursday 5 March 2020

04. Hands On Design Bat Balm

My first finish in the Scary Apothecary series:


Bat Balm
stitched on 28 count linen in Radioactive from Chromatic Alchemy

I am using the DMC conversion for this, except for:

the black which is Weeks Dye Works Kohl 
(charted for CC Zack Black or DMC 317).
  
I also substituted: 


DMC E316 (metallic) for Kreinik 5013, 
DMC E317 (metallic) for Kreinik 011HL and 
a blend of DMC 3853 and 5284 (metallic) for the orange Kreinik 027.


The other changes were outlining the bats in black:


And underlining the word Balm in a turquoise metallic:


I finished it in this frame from B&M
For the horizontal frames, I have used some scrapbook paper.  The plan is to stitch some poison bottles on perforated paper and add them to the piece.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dancing along with me!